Working from a 72,000 sq. ft modern facility on the outskirts of Newry, County Down, Northern Ireland The Exact Group operates in two distinct areas, Composites and CNC, offering a range of high-quality services, primarily providing a Rapid Response (Speed Shop) service to the aircraft interiors industry.
The Exact Group have many years’ experience in the precision engineering and composite finishing sectors, and coupled with cutting-edge equipment and techniques, we remain the supplier of choice for many leading global businesses operating in the aerospace, automotive, electrical, energy, marine, pharmaceutical and transport industries.
The Exact Group has experienced significant growth since its inception and houses a state-of-the-art composite finishing suite, six paint ovens and over 70 CNC Turning & Milling machines.
We are now inviting applications for a Financial Controller.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advise and assist the Company Directors on policy decisions and major projects
- Contribute to the delivery and continued development of the company’s short, medium, and long term business strategies
- Assist the Directors/Senior Management Team with all matters relating to financial planning within the business including cash flow management, assessing profit margins, budget planning, and analysing sales forecasts and actuals on a yearly basis
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and detailed financial accounts including all supporting documentation for the company and associated companies
- Monitor financial transactions including the maintenance of sales, purchase, finance, and nominal ledgers
- Liaise with company auditors and taxation advisors and prepare all necessary associated reporting and further develop existing relationships with government agencies such as Invest NI and Third Level Education Bodies
- Oversee the preparation of payroll and ensure compliance with PAYE, NIC and all government taxation requirements
- Produce detailed product costings and develop efficient costing systems, undertaking cost analysis to identify opportunities for savings
- Manage the company Administration function including responsibility for staff recruitment, communication, performance appraisal, training, discipline, and grievance in accordance with company policy and relevant legislation
- Any other duties within reason and capability associated with this role
- Qualified Accountant
- Track record of achievement in a fast-moving business
- Experience in managing a team
- Managing the reporting function and all associated compliance
- Experience in reviewing financial performance and trends
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Business plan preparation and funding proposals
- Experience in managing working capital
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Commercially astute business acumen
- Results focused with ability to work on own initiative
- Computer literate; experience in IT
- Current driving license
- Able to work flexible hours as required
- Relevant industry experience in a similar environment
- Costing/pricing experience
- Project accounting experience
- Experience in managing change
- Knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, or a related industry
Job Reference: Financial Controller 2021
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Location: 7 – 9 Craigmore Mill Industrial Estate, Craigmore Road, Newry Co Down. BT35 6JR.Salary: Commensurate with experience. A competitive package and salary will be provided to the successful candidate.
All CVs are to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 14th June, 2021.